James M. Cooksey – Attorney
Legal Accomplishments and Activities Include:
- Served over 18 years as a Judge for the 14th Judicial Circuit.
- Presided over cases in 12 different counties, including Chariton, Monroe, Macon, Howard, and Shelby.
- Has over 480 hours of Judicial intensive education
- Graduate of American Academy of Trial Judges College, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Past president of the Missouri Associate Circuit and Probate Judges Association.
- Member of Missouri Bar Association
- Member of the Randolph County Bar Association (past president)
- Member of the Moberly Area Community College Board of Trustees
Jim has been a lifelong resident of Moberly, MO, graduate of Moberly High School, Graduate of William Jewel College and the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law.
He has also been involved in such civic organizations as a member of the Moberly Rotary Club (past president), the Randolph County Big Brother and Big Sister (past board member), Boy Scouts (past district chairman of six counties), Coates Street Presbyterian Church (serving three terms on the board of trustees) among others.
Married to Sherry who is a teacher and they have two children.